Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Magic of tidying up

The life-changing magic of tidying up

I finished listening to the audiobook version today, and started listening one more time so I can take better notes. I like written books because the notes are already there, but listening to an audiobook and taking my own notes probably makes the information absorb more!

So part of the book, the life-changing magic of tidying up, is that before you get started with discarding things, is to figure out why you want to tidy. The task was to come up with the reasons you want to tidy and then ask why, 3 to 5 times for each of them. And this must be done before you start tidying!

Why do I want things to be tidy? (With the knowledge that they are supposed to end in

  • So I can focus on the big picture things I want to do rather than being stressed that my house is a mess
    • So I can focus on my exams, but also feel like I can have some time to do non-studying things
      • So I can move forward in my career without feeling like I'm trudging through mud, or flying past the things I need to do to move up in my career
        • So I can find happiness in my career
          • HAPPINESS
  • So I am comfortable having people over and also not feeling overwhelmed by needing to spend a lot of time cleaning up before and after
    • So I can be more social
      • Because it makes me happy to be social and host guests
        • HAPPINESS
  • So it's easy to cook my own food and eat healthy, my mind will be less occupied with a messy home and able to focus on doing things
    • So I can lose fat and gain muscle, and be more active with the puppy
      • So I can be healthier and go on more adventures
        • So I can live longer, and happier
          • HAPPINESS
  • So I can work on the creative projects that I really want to do, but can't seem to find the time to focus on
    • So I can practice my creativity and feel whole (left and right sides of brain, ACTIVATE!)
      • So I can feel at peace
        • HAPPINESS
It all boils down to wanting happiness! Tidiness = happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment