Sunday, February 22, 2015

2.22.2015 - Sunday

I took my PPP exam yesterday, unlike last time where I walked out certain I had failed, this time I feel pretty confident that I passed. The hardest part about these tests is having no idea how they are scored, what a passing rate is, and the fact that you have to wait a week or two to find out your results (which is faster than before when it was 3-4 weeks). I'm feeling pumped to keep going through them, so I'm going to continue to study daily, jumping into studying for SPD next. There's a lot of overlap with the test I just took so I won't really be switching gears, just building on what I've already been studying.

Christal and I went to the gym and did our lower body workout today at 2pm. I love how quick the workouts are, it makes it easy to go and do it because it's not a huge time commitment. I'm feeling more relaxed now that my test is done. I'm planning to take my next exam on March 28th, I'll sign up when I get my March paycheck.

I got an updated quote for a new fence but it's still pretty high so I think I will be putting off the fence building while I work on exams and saving money. I think when I sell this house, I don't want to buy again for a long time. Renting is the way to go, especially if you want to spend your money on travel. With the house, money that I save up will no most likely go to house projects rather than travel. I'm also thinking that with Howland, I will probably want to mostly keep travel close to home, so he can come along. I saw the movie Wild last month and just saw an album on imgur yesterday of a couple who hiked the Appalachian Trail and I really want to do some longer hikes. I don't really want to do it alone (ie just me and Howland) and the hard part there is I don't know when/if Matt will have the time to do it in the near future because of his work situation. For now I guess I should just plan a trip solo. Perhaps this summer amid studying since I have realized I won't really be able to take the road trip I was hoping for (I don't trust my car to make the trip) and I am trying to save money so there won't really be many other big trips. I'm hoping I might go visit Matt in Austin for a week in the Fall but at this point I have no idea what he'll be doing then as he isn't a full time employee yet, just in contract until June. So meanwhile the most difficult part of being long distance is having such an uncertain future. I try to remind myself that you never really can know what the future will bring and therefore I should try to focus on the present. I'm getting better at it incrementally but it is really hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment